PustakaBahasaInggris.com – Artikel ini, saya akan memberikan Contoh Soal Bahasa Inggris untuk peserta didik anda sebagai indikator kemampuan mereka dalam menguasai materi pelajaran Bahasa Inggris.
50 Contoh Soal Bahasa Inggris Pilihan Ganda dan Essay untuk Siswa SMP
50 Contoh Soal Bahasa Inggris Siswa SMP
TIPS FOR TAKING THE TEST
Here are some suggestions to help you do your best:
- Be sure to read carefully all the directions in the test book.
- Plan your time.
- Read each question carefully and think about the answer before choosing
In this part of the test, you will do some reading and answer questions about what you have read. For the multiple-choice questions, you will mark your answers on the answer sheet.
Choose the correct answer!
1. (In a restaurant)
Waiter: What can I do for you, sir?
Waiter : Certainly, Here you are.
a. Will you write the menu?
b. Do you know the menu?
c. Can I have the menu, please?
d. Could you like the menu?
2. Tom: I’m so thirsty, ______
Jane: Sure, here you are.
Tom: Thank you.
a. Can you give me some water, please?
b. May I help you?
c. Would you like to drink?
d. Do you want to drink?
3. Jack: Nick, did you watch Arsenal versus Juventus?
Nick: I did. It was a great soccer match, I think.
Jack: Well, I missed it, too bad.
From the dialogue what are they talking about?
a. A great match.
b. Football Match.
c. Football Player.
d. Playing Football.
4. Nick: I did. It was a great soccer match, I think.
The underlined sentence tells us about _______
a. Nick’s suggestion.
b. Nick’s clarification.
c. Nick’s opinion.
d. Nick’s information.
5. Brian: _________________?
Dolph: Press the upper left button!
a. Is everything fine with the television?
b. Do you know where the toilet is?
c. Would you mind helping me over the table?
d. Could you tell me how to turn the TV volume down?
6. A man: Excuse me, Madam. __________ where to get to the nearest bank?
A woman: Oh, just follow this street. Turn right on the first traffic light. The bank is on your left.
A man: Thanks so much.
A woman: No problem.
a. What do you think?
b. Can you give me?
c. Would you please tell me?
d. May I help you?
Questions 7 & 8 based on the following dialogue!
May: What do you want to eat for breakfast, bread or rice?
Jane: Well, some bread, please.
7. From dialogue above, what are May & Jane talking about?
a. What to have for breakfast.
b. The taste of rice.
c. How to eat some bread.
d. The size of bread and Rice.
8. The underlined sentence in the dialog above means _______________
a. Asking bread and rice.
b. Having bread for breakfast.
c. Giving something to eat.
d. Offering something to eat.
9. Bellboy: This is your room and here is your suitcase, Madam.
Guest: Thank you.
Bellboy: May I help you with the suitcase, Madam?
Guest: _________ , maybe later.
Bellboy: With pleasure, Madam.
a. No, thanks.
b. That’s very kind of you.
10. Betty: May I help you clean your room?
Betty: Alright then. I can leave you now. Bye!
a. Thank you so much.
b. Thanks, but I can do it by myself.
c. Yes, of course.
Text for 11-15
11. What does the letter tell us about? It tells about______________
a. spending holiday in Ende.
b. interesting trip to Jakarta.
c. visiting the magic volcano.
d. refreshing activity on holidays.
12. When did Tommy go back to Jakarta? He went back to Jakarta __________
a. On Friday.
b. On Saturday.
c. On Sunday.
d. On Monday.
13. How do you think the coach felt? It felt _________
14. “There, I was met by a jeep”. The word ‘met’ in the sentence means _________
d. picked up
15. “I have been there for the two-day trip.” The word ‘there’ refers to _______
Text for 16-17
16. Who cannot play golf on the land?
a. Someone who has a car.
b. Someone who has a golf stick.
c. Anyone who can drive a car.
d. Anyone who wants to play golf.
17. Who are not allowed to drive on this land?
a. Any vehicle with engine drivers.
b. Anyone walking through the land.
c. Any golf players.
d. Any bicycle riders.
Text for 18-22
MY HOLIDAY IN BALI
When I was the 2nd grade of senior high school, my friends and I went to Bali. We were there for three days. I had many impressive experiences during the vacation.
The first day, we visited Sanur Beach in the morning. We saw the beautiful sunrise together. It was a great scenery. Then, we checked into the hotel. After prepared ourselves, we went to Tanah Lot. We met so many other tourists there. They were not only domestic but also foreign tourists.
The second day, we enjoyed the day on Tanjung Benoa beach. We played so many water sports such as banana boat, jet sky, speedboat etc. We also went to Penyu island to see many unique animals. They were turtles, snakes, and seabirds. We were very happy. In the afternoon, we went to Kuta Beach to see the amazing sunset and enjoyed the beautiful wave.
The last day, we spent our time in Sangeh. We could enjoy the green and shady forest. There were so many monkeys. They were so tame but sometimes they could be naughty. We could make a close interaction with them. After that, we went to Sukowati market for shopping. That was my lovely time. I bought some Bali T-Shirt and souvenirs.
In the evening, we had to check out from the hotel. We went back home bringing so many amazing memories of Bali.
18. What did the writer enjoy on Tanjung Benoa beach?
a. water sports, unique animal, sunset, and sunrise.
b. water sports, the beautiful wave, and banana boat.
c. water sports including a speedboat and unique animals.
d. water sports, unique animal, and sunset.
19. The writer is right to decide Bali as the appropriate tour destination. It is proved ___________
a. She has an unforgettable experience.
b. She was very satisfied.
c. She was proud of writing about her experience.
d. She braves to go there alone.
20. When did the writer go to Bali?
a. She was the 2nd grade of senior high school.
b. She was the 2nd grade of junior high school.
c. She was the First grade of junior high school.
d. She was the First grade of senior high school.
21. We could enjoy the green and shady forest. ( Paragraph 5 )
What does the italicized word mean?
a. crowded with the trees and animals.
b. full of trees and it is very often raining.
c. the cool condition because of the gentle wind.
d.protected from direct light from the sun by trees or building.
22. We could make a close interaction with them ( Paragraph 4 )
The underlined word refers to _______
Text for 23-27
We went to Thailand for our summer vacation last year. It was our first trip to Asia. We loved it. We spent a week in Bangkok and did something different every day. We went to the floating market very early one morning. We didn’t buy anything there, we just looked. Another day, we went to Wat Phra Keo, the famous Temple of the Emerald Buddha. It was really interesting. Then we saw two more temples nearby. We also went on a river trip somewhere outside Bangkok. The best thing about the trip was the food. The next time we have friends over for dinner, I’m going to cook Thai food.
23. What is Wat Phra Keo? Wat Phra Keo is __________
a. A person from Thailand.
b. A tourist from Asia.
c. A well-known Buddha temple.
d. A cook from Thailand.
24. From the text, we know that the writer ____________
a. Has been to Asia before.
b. Has never been to Thailand before.
c. Often visits Bangkok.
d. Visited Thailand many times.
25. “Then we saw two more temples nearby”. The word ‘nearby’ has the same meaning as ________
b. close by
c. stand by
d. come by
26. “The next time we have friends over for dinner”. The underlined phrase means ______
a. come over to a friend.
b. go over to some friends.
c. visit a friend.
d. invite friends.
27. “It was really interesting”, The word ‘it’ refers to _______
c. Wat Phra Keo
Text for 28-30
I just got back from Yogyakarta. The weather was _____(28)_____ the whole week, and I really had a great vacation. I walked along Malioboro Street on the first day. The next day I went shopping and ______(29)______ some batik clothes at Beringharjo Market. I went to Yogyakarta Palace one day. Guess what? I saw the Sultan. I enjoyed my ______(30)______ Well, that’s all for now.
28. a. bad
29. a. buy
d. am buying
30. a. Palace
31. When I was in school, I _____ my homework every day.
c. am doing
32. It always _______ when we lived in Seattle.
a. is raining
b. was rained
d. was raining
33. The train finally _____ for Jakarta at 8 this morning
34. While the mother was preparing dinner, we … the dishes
c. are washing
d. were washing
35. When I _____ breakfast, the phone suddenly rang.
b. am having
c. was having
d. have had
36. Yesterday at six o’clock, our cat _______ the mice.
a. was eating
b. were eating
c. has eaten
37. Arrange into a good sentence!
When(1) – TV(2) – Was(3) – they(4) – I(5) – watching(6) – came(7)
38. Arrange into a good sentence!
week(1) – Jakarta(2) – family(3) – visited(4) – Alina(5) – her(6) – in(7) – big(8) – last(9)
39. Arrange into a good paragraph!
There, I met Rudi.
We planned to see again sometime.
He was my classmate in elementary school.
After spending three hours there, we went home.
I went to city zoo last week.
We were talking a lot about our childhood.
40. Arrange into a good paragraph!
The view from this place was very amazing.
Last weekend I and my friends, Vicky, Vinda, and Laras hiked to Gunung Penanggungan.
After three days, we went home.
Then we went down into the valley and there we camped by the river in Gunung Penanggungan.
We could enjoy the fresh air around our tents.
We started very early on Saturday and reached Oro-oro Ombo for lunch.
In this part of the test, you will do some reading and answer questions about what you have read.
Change the brackets words into Past Form!
===== GOOD LUCK =====
[su_box title=”Read More” style=”bubbles” box_color=”#f4140d” title_color=”#000000″ radius=”0″]
- 40 Contoh Latihan Soal Bahasa Inggris tentang Grammar dan Tenses
- 60 Contoh Soal Grammar Bahasa Inggris 5 Basic Tenses
Contoh Soal TEXT di sini:
[su_box title=”Read More” style=”bubbles” box_color=”#f4140d” title_color=”#000000″ radius=”0″]
- 10 Contoh Soal Essay Recount Text tentang Liburan dan Kunci Jawaban
- Reading and Writing Skills! 4 Model Contoh Soal Latihan dan Jawaban Tentang “Report Text” Siswa Kelas 9